Notice Inviting Nominations for the International Election 2017 (07 September 2016).
In accordance with Article X of the Constitution of Mensa, the International Election Committee (IEC) invites nominations for the following internationally elected offices:
- INTERNATIONAL CHAIRMAN
- INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR-ADMINISTRATION
- INTERNATIONAL DIRECTOR-DEVELOPMENT
- INTERNATIONAL TREASURER
Nomination by National Mensas
National Mensa committees may nominate a candidate or a slate of candidates for any or all offices by submitting the name(s) of such candidate(s). A national Mensa group may nominate more than one individual for each office. Nominations should be made on the National Mensa Committee nomination form available from the IEC. The identities of all nominating national Mensa groups shall be made public to all voters with the candidate material.
Nomination by members
Members may nominate a candidate or a slate of candidates for any or all offices by submitting:
- the name(s) of such candidate(s);
- a petition signed by at least 100 members who are in good standing as of January 1st, 2017;
- verification of such good standing.
Petition signatures must be submitted on a form, which can be obtained from the IEC.
Requirements for nominees
Each candidate must:
- be a member in good standing as of the date of nomination and continue to remain a member in good standing throughout the election period until May 31st, 2017;
- have not served in the post they are nominated for in the previous two consecutive terms;
- submit written acceptance of his or her nomination (using the form available from the IEC);
- state his or her willingness to serve if elected; and
- agree to abide by the rulings of the IEC and the International Ombudsman in the matter of complaints and conflicts arising from the elections.
All nominations including petitions and acceptances must be sent in hard copy or in scanned electronic copies to the MIL office in time to ensure its arrival no later than January 28th, 2017 at the following address:
Mensa International Ltd.
Caythorpe, Lincolnshire NG32 3EL
Contact the IEC at email@example.com for all enquiries regarding the election including nomination forms.